Our Court Welcomes You!
Please take this opportunity to review material about the Court and access to our online forms. Our goal is to provide you with the tools necessary to file a claim and resolve disputes through the Small Claims process.
The Honorable Brenda A. Roper, Judge
CENTER TOWNSHIP of MARION COUNTY
SMALL CLAIMS COURT
Julia M. Carson Government Center
300 E. Fall Creek Parkway N. Drive, Suite 130
Indianapolis, IN 46205
Phone: (317) 920-4530 Fax: (317) 920-4534
The mission of the Center Township Small Claims Court of Marion County, Indiana is to serve the public. It accomplishes this mission by providing a fair and efficient system of justice, committed to excellence, fostering public trust, understanding and confidence. We are an independent branch of government constitutionally entrusted with the fair and just resolution of disputes in order to preserve the rule of law and to protect the rights and liberties guaranteed by the Constitution and laws of the United States, the State of Indiana, and the municipality of Indianapolis/Marion County, Indiana.
We will be a court system, characterized by excellence, that strives to attain justice for the individual and society through the rule of law. We will:
- Provide equal access to a fair and effective system of justice for all without excess cost, inconvenience, or delay, with sensitivity to an increasingly diverse society.
- Assist with offering complementary methods of dispute resolution while preserving the constitutional right to trial by an impartial judge and ensuring compliance with the results achieved through effective enforcement of court orders.
- Provide quality service that continuously improves, that meets or exceeds public expectations, and that ensures that all are treated with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
- Acknowledge and enhance the potential of every person in our organization to contribute to the administration of justice through participation, training, and technology.
- Share a sense of common identity and purpose as a township Judiciary.
- Earn the respect and confidence of an informed public.