The Center Township Trustee’s Office is responsible for providing assistance to residents who meet eligibility requirements and find themselves in need of temporary assistance. Individuals in need of assistance should call 317-633-3610. Please be patient due to high call volume.
- Household/Personal Products
- Burials and Cremations
- School Clothing
What You Need to Provide to us:
As public stewards, we require certain documentation to accompany all applications for assistance to ensure funds are reserved for use by the truly needy. To expedite the processing of your application, please be prepared to provide the following documents:
- Verification of your household income for the past sixty days (bank statements, prepaid card statements, paychecks, etc.)
- Paid bill receipts for the past sixty days, including utility bills.
- Copy of your rental agreement or lease, (or mortgage payment book if you are buying your home).
- Picture identification for all adults in the household. This must be a State I.D. or Driver’s License that is not expired.
- Social Security cards or proof of application for everyone in the household
- Copy of income tax returns and W-2’s
- Work One printout
- Additional information may be required by your caseworker
|2022 Income Guidelines|
|For Each Additional Add||$378||$4,540|
You need to know:
EACH APPLICATION IS EVALUATED ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS. If it is determined that an applicant may be eligible for public assistance other than Township Assistance the applicant may be referred to other resources within the community.
If an applicant is not satisfied with the decision of the Trustee, the applicant may appeal to the Board of County Commissioners of Marion County at the City County Building. An applicant for Township Assistance may file a written appeal within fifteen (15) days from the date of denial.
Tips for Applying:
Be on time. Be patient.
Provide all information requested and more if you can.
Keep all receipts and pay stubs.
Keep all appointments with other agencies.
A signed application is valid for 180 days from the date it is received by the Trustee. Each applicant & each adult member of the applicant’s household must consent to disclosure and release of information regarding the applicant’s household before Township Assistance may be provided by the Township Trustee.
Representative Payee Program
Helping Residents Manage their Money
In an effort to further serve the citizens of Center Township, the Representative Payee Program was implemented to ensure that the current needs of participants who are unable to manage their funds are met on a monthly basis. By making direct payments in a timely manner, participants are better protected against eviction, homelessness, late fees, and utility disconnections.
In this program the beneficiary is regularly updated on expenses paid as well as the amount of any benefits that have been saved for the beneficiary.
- Must be a beneficiary of some type of benefits
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be a resident of Center Township
- DOES NOT have to be recipient of Center Township’s Township Assistance.
If you or someone you know would like to participate in the Payee Program, or if you would like more information, please contact:
Representative Payee Services